It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: A present from Daib0 2 - Blackpool
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:31 pm 

Next we move up to the north-west and to Ollivander of the Blackpool Back Henry Street Forum. She was not inside the top dozen nationally in the League Prediction Competition, but was by quite a distance the best Blackpool entrant virtually all season. Here goes:

* First off, please tell us something about yourself! Anything! Like … what were your favourite subjects at school? Did you do further studies? Describe your working environment and a typical (working) day! What do you now do for a living/study/in retirement etc.? Town or country – what’s best? Family? Pets?

I'm Becky, I'm a transport planner and I nowadays live and work in the Bristol area. The job is pretty much office hours and office based, and my history degree is largely irrelevant.

I've a Mum and Dad (very well behaved, still live in Cleveleys), an older brother (not so well behaved, lives in Exeter) and my constant companion is Digger (my cat).

* Why Blackpool and not any other team? Why do you specially identify with the team?

I was born in Blackpool, and brought up in Cleveleys which is five miles down the road. My brother wouldn't hear of me supporting anyone else.

* Possibly the best and worst memories during your time in supporting your team?

Worse memory is play-off defeat in 1996 against Bradford, when we won the away semi-final 2-0, and then lost 3-0 at home.
The best would be doing the double over Liverpool in the PL season.

* Which are the best and worst away grounds you've visited? And why? And how do you rate your own ground?

Best ground would be The Emirates. Worst, Saltergate (could have picked any one of about ten others though)

* When it comes to your team - are you an optimist or a pessimistic? So, where do you think the team will be in 10 years time?

Always optimistic, what's the point in being otherwise? I think we will be Championship or thereabouts.

* Favourite footballer/s and/or sportsmen-sportswomen of all-time?

This is a good question. My favourite footballers would have to be Eamonn O'Keefe, Dave Bamber, Charlie Adam and Ian Evatt. And then Platini and Socrates from abroad.

As regards sport people more generally, my favourites are Kelly Holmes, Tom Watson and Martina Navratilova.

* If there is one thing above all you could change in football, what would it be? Write more than one change if you wish! Your convictions are welcome to be shared with us!

I'd like to turn the clock back to 1992 and tell Sky to take their money and shove it. Nothing good has become of it and the game has lost its soul in the period since.

* A big general question here - what are your most memorable moments in your entire life not following your team? If there is one thing you could change in your personal life, what might it be? Where would you like to be in 10 years time, or just any hopes and ambitions that you might have? Anything you are very afraid of?

God, this is a bit deep. I think my most memorable moment would be my Dad recovering from cancer. I'm not sure I'd change anything in my life, except I'd like to live a bit nearer my parents.

In ten years I'd like to be successful at work, with family all in good health.

* A few words to describe the “Back Henry Street" Forum ? Things like when or why it was set up, how many members are there currently (we all know there are many inactive posters on every site in the land)? Even more interesting for us - how did you personally get involved with the forum? Do you have any responsibilities are on your forum? If not, do you simply enjoy your fellow posters on there?

I don't know a lot about it really, I posted on AVFTT (and still read it avidly), but as a woman I never felt very welcome there. BHS had a nice layout and less arguments and so I just stayed. I don't actually post much and I've no role on the site. I just like doing the Prediction League and so on as I'm quite competitive.

* Do you also enjoy reading other football forums, sports webs in general, or blog sites? (By all means name them if you wish, the members would be interested!) Would you recommend your own forum as a good place for the Sunderland fans on ‘Black Cat Chat’ to look in? A few BCC members may well decide to follow you! Do feel welcome to give any internet link/s you’d like to for people looking in on your forum …

I don't look at many. ClaretMad sometimes, ditto PNE-Online, and I look at the two Bristol sites as well, which has been quite entertaining since the Gas got relegated.

I'd recommend all three of the main Blackpool sites as very readable and all a bit different.

* A few words to sum up – are you a born lucky person or was that high-placing achievement – and Blackpool’s top entrant - in last season's Premier Positions game just a fluke?

I was a bit disappointed actually. Had I not got Hull, Palace and Man United badly wrong I'd have done even better. As it was I pretty much nailed Chelsea, City and Southampton (I think) and got a lot of mid-table pretty close. Definitely not a fluke!

Back Henry Street is a really good site; like a hyperactive BCC and it has a really good jokes thread.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]