It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 20 of 22 [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Patter
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 am 

Hope Reading win - rather play Huddersfield next season

Sunderland, Hull, Boro, 2 x Sheffield, Leeds + Huddersfield - almost a Northern league

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:10 am 

Sheep farmer wrote:
Hope Reading win - rather play Huddersfield next season

Sunderland, Hull, Boro, 2 x Sheffield, Leeds + Huddersfield - almost a Northern league

You missed Barnsley and possibly Bradford (if they beat Millwall).

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:54 pm 

A Lack of goals by Middlesbrough this season

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:45 pm 

THE ITALIAN WEDDING

I was a very happy man. My wonderful Italian girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year. So we decided to get married.

There was only one little thing bothering me.

It was her beautiful younger sister, Sofia.

My prospective sister-in-law was twenty-two, wore very tight miniskirts, and generally was bra-less.

She would regularly bend down when she was near me. I always got more than a nice view.

It had to be deliberate. She never did it around anyone else.

One day she called me and asked me to come over. 'To check my Sister's wedding- invitations' she said.

She was alone when I arrived. She whispered to m e that she had feelings and desires for me. She couldn't overcome them anymore.

She told me that she wanted me just once before I got married. She said "Before you commit your life to my sister".

Well, I was in total shock, and I couldn't say a word. She said, "I'm going upstairs to my bedroom" she said, "if you want one last wild fling, just come up and have me".

I was stunned and frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs.

I stood there for a moment. Then turned and made a bee-line straight to the front door. I opened the door, and headed straight towards my car.

Lo and behold, my entire future family was standing outside, all clapping!

With tears in his eyes, my future father-in-law hugged me. He said, 'My son, we are very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family my son.'

And the moral of this story is:
Always keep your condoms in your car!!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:46 pm 

The year is 2222 and Mike and Maureen land on Mars after accumulating enough frequent flier miles.
They meet a Martian couple and are talking about all sorts of things.
Mike asks if Mars has a stockmarket, if they have laptop computers, how they make money, etc.
Finally, Maureen brings up the subject of sex. "Just how do you guys do it ?" asks Maureen.
"Pretty much the way you do,"responds the Martian.
Discussion ensues and finally the couples decide to swap partners for the night and experience one another.

Maureen and the male Martian go off to a bedroom where the Martian strips.
He's got only a teeny, weeny member about half an inch long and just a quarter inch thick.
"I don't think this is going to work," says Maureen.
"Why?" he asks, "What's the matter?"
"Well," she replies, "It's just not long enough to reach me!"
"No problem," he says, and proceeds to slap his forehead with his palm.
With each slap of his forehead, his member grows until it's quite impressively long.
"Well," she says, "That's quite impressive, but it's still pretty narrow...."
"No problem," he says, and starts pulling his ears.
With each pull,his member grows wider and wider until the entire measurement is extremely exciting to the woman.
"Wow!" she exclaims, as they fell into bed and made mad, passionate love.

The next day the couples rejoin their normal partners and go their separate ways.
As they walk along, Mike asks "Well, was it any good?"
"I hate to say it," says Maureen, "but it was pretty wonderful. How about you ?"
"It was horrible," he replies.
"All I got was a headache. All she kept doing the whole time was slapping my forehead and pulling my ears."

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 pm 

:o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:08 pm 

Can't say I'm gutted like after Swansea in 2011 (was it?!); sort of didn't expect it this season. Jaap Stam said he had a three year plan and we almost arrived (too) soon.

We'll be there sooner or later again ... as I hope you will

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:23 am 

Sorry Daib0, shame it didn't happen. You will be a threat next season, certainly.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 am 

Hakuna Matata wrote:
Sorry Daib0, shame it didn't happen. You will be a threat next season, certainly.

bonus is we can do good banter before our encounters next season ! :thumbup: :)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:02 am 

Poor Reading :cry:

Such a cruel way to lose too. Been there with Sunderland so I feel your pain!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:54 pm 

Sorry Daibo - but it will make next season more interesting on here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:41 pm 

I will be even more quiet for the next week. I fly out on holiday tomorrow from Bristol (where there are extra flights to Madrid). Could be a nightmare start. :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:33 am 

Tufty wrote:
I will be even more quiet for the next week. I fly out on holiday tomorrow from Bristol (where there are extra flights to Madrid). Could be a nightmare start. :?

Have a great time Tufts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 pm 

ELECTION RESULTS - I'm sorry, but I just see a totally divided country - not only right and left wing, not the nationalism of countries/regions with 'national' unity, not only the Brexit vote, so marginal as to hardly have validity, but the entire political system.... no proportional representation in any form, any largest-voted party will do any dirty work just to gain/maintain power. Where did the real political convictions go??!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:53 am 

daib0 wrote:
ELECTION RESULTS - I'm sorry, but I just see a totally divided country - not only right and left wing, not the nationalism of countries/regions with 'national' unity, not only the Brexit vote, so marginal as to hardly have validity, but the entire political system.... no proportional representation in any form, any largest-voted party will do any dirty work just to gain/maintain power. Where did the real political convictions go??!

So very true and so very frightening.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:05 pm 

Hakuna Matata wrote:
daib0 wrote:

So very true and so very frightening.

Letter from one of the admins on 'RR' to his newly elected Conservative MP for the Newbury constituency, worth reproducing I feel:

"Hello,

Congratulations on your re-election as the MP for the Newbury constituency. While I didn't personally vote for you, I feel that the most important thing now is that we focus on matters that will affect our constituency and the country.

The reason why I'm contacting you is that I would like to express my concerns about the Conservative Party's decision to seek a confidence and supply agreement with the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP).

First of all, I would like to note that I have no concerns about the legitimacy of the Conservative Party to re-enter government with the support of another party. I recognise that the Prime Minister is chosen by the MPs that were elected to Parliament and that a Prime Minister requires the support of the majority of the House of Commons to govern the country. I, additionally, recognise that, once the Speaker, Deputy Speakers and members from Sinn Fein are excluded, the Conservatives and the DUP hold a majority of Parliamentary seats.

My main concerns, in this case, drive from the policies of the DUP, the peace process in Northern Ireland and the DUP's links with paramilitary organisations in Northern Ireland.

The DUP have a number of policies that would be considered by most people in the United Kingdom as regressive and divisive. The party has blocked the legalisation of equal marriage in the Northern Ireland Assembly, using the petition of concern mechanism - which was designed to prevent policies that would be damaging to one community in Northern Ireland from being passed by the Assembly, should 30 MLAs from either community ('Unionist' or 'Nationalist') oppose it. The DUP have used this mechanism unilaterally to prevent equality in Northern Ireland for a substantial minority of people who live in the province. They've also prevented abortion laws from extending to the province, through this mechanism. The abuse of the petition of concern, on issues that would give greater equality to the people of Northern Ireland, suggests that they're only a party that cares about their own views, rather than the views of the people they represent. Also, the DUP's policies appear to stem from a brand of ethnic nationalism, which I would hope the Conservative Party opposes.

Additionally, I fear that this agreement between the parties could undermine, or potentially breach, the Good Friday Agreement. It's my understanding that the United Kingdom, and Irish, government shouldn't show favourably towards a community in Northern Ireland, as it could harm the peace process in the province. Given that the DUP framed this election as a referendum on Northern Ireland's place in the United Kingdom, I feel that it would be unwise of the Conservative Party to give any leverage to the DUP in the coming Parliament. The matter is made worse by the increasing likelihood that Northern Ireland will be returning to direct rule due to the failure of the DUP and Sinn Fein to come to a power-sharing agreement in the province. If the DUP's support is required for the Conservatives to remain in power at Westminster, I feel that it will only worsen the sentiments of the republicans in Northern Ireland - as this could lead to what would effectively be DUP direct rule, when they only received a single seat more than Sinn Fein in the Northern Irish election in March - which was held under the Single Transferable Vote system. Given that the constituency results in Northern Ireland in this election appear to mirror the constituency results in the Assembly election, in terms of largest party, it's likely that the political situation in the province hasn't changed much since March.

On top of this, the DUP have links with the Ulster Defence Association (UDA), Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) and the Red Hand Commando (RHC). The aforementioned organisations are proscribed groups under the Terrorism Act 2000. I know that the Conservative campaign mentioned the alleged links between Jeremy Corbyn, Gerry Adams and the IRA as a reason not to support the Labour Party. I feel that it would be deplorable for the Conservatives to enter into an agreement with a party that is supported by terrorist organisations themselves, especially after the party made comments regarding Corbyn and the IRA a major campaigning point in this election.

I, personally, feel that this deal is only to allow for Theresa May to push through a deal with the European Union without input from the other parties in the House of Commons. It's concerning that, despite 57% of votes in the election going to parties other that the Conservatives and the DUP, the leadership of the Conservatives are attempting to by-pass the opposition in Parliament to achieve that deal with the EU that they want - rather than a deal that the country, as a whole, wants.

To summarise, I feel that you should oppose the Conservative plan to enter into an agreement with the DUP, as the party pursues regressive policies in Northern Ireland, has links with terrorist organisations and the agreement between the parties could undermine the Good Friday Agreement.

Best regards,"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:14 pm 

Well thought out, well written and a total waste of effort.

I'm ashamed of our country, especially its politicians. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:51 pm 

But it's going to get even messier - this from the Telegraph, hardly a paper to do cheap scaremongering:

The Telegraph

Ruth Davidson planning Scottish Tory breakaway as she challenges Theresa May's Brexit plan

Ruth Davidson is to defy Theresa May’s plans for a hard Brexit and tear her Scottish party away from English control after the UK Tories’ disastrous General Election result.

Amid a growing clamour among senior Tories in London for Ms Davidson to be given a top position in the UK party, her aides are working on a deal that would see the Scottish party break away to form a separate organisation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:12 am 

According to her, it's not going ton happen, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:48 am 

Hakuna Matata wrote:
According to her, it's not going ton happen, though.

yep, just seen that. But turbulences under the surface there are almost certainly are...

If you need heavenly help on all this!

:lolno: :crazy: :D Lindsay Edwards . com

THERESA MAY TO STEP DOWN & DONALD TRUMP TO WIN THE WAR ON TERRORISM
Date: 25/03/2017

*Disclaimer – All psychic predictions on this website are given to me by spirit and are not my thoughts/words/wishes.

https://lyndsayedwards.com/theresa-may-donald-trump

Ah well, get me coat ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:10 pm 

Like it.

Does anyone think that I would be a long way from the truth, in describing her as barking mad?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:19 pm 

If you think it's hot, you should try living in Spain, current days around 35-44º C ...

Proof -

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 pm 

A Tommy Cooper one coming up ...

“Somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen; it said 'Parking Fine'.”

!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:59 am 

The new Iphone really is the mutts nuts.
I can see where Millwall and Preston are in the league this season without having to scroll down! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm 

Even though both our teams are Championship level together, for the first time in many a season, I thought it'd be nice to have some sort of positions game up-and-running. So here is a very simplified 'Championship Positions Game' for 2017-18, where you only need to think about positions 1 to 6, 22 to 24, and Sunderland's own position.

I've posted it in the Competition Zone, here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7866&p=60613#p60613

We are sharing it only among four select forums: yourselves, Royals Rendezvous, the Leeds LUFC Talk (the best Leeds site by a mile) and Friends of Fulham (a small but honest/genuine site). So please have a go and keep your flag waving!!

daib0/David

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 am 

When is the closing date Daib0, I want to see what our team looks like before committing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm 

Hakuna Matata wrote:
When is the closing date Daib0, I want to see what our team looks like before committing.

FRIDAY 4TH AUGUST at 7.45pm!

That's when the first games - Forest v Millwall and Sunderland v Derby - kick off. When the whistle goes, that's it!! :thumbup: :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:30 pm 

daib0 wrote:
Hakuna Matata wrote:

FRIDAY 4TH AUGUST at 7.45pm!

That's when the first games - Forest v Millwall and Sunderland v Derby - kick off. When the whistle goes, that's it!! :thumbup: :)

As of tonight 28 entries
made up from:

FULHAM - Friends of Fulham 14
LEEDS UNITED - LUFC Talk 9
READING - Royals Rendezvous 5
SUNDERLAND - Black Cat Chat 0
I'm counting on you boys (and gals!)

Still a week to go!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 pm 

Looking forward to Reading away, shame it's not till April.

Owt going on, lovely people?

Page 20 of 22 [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next