It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-misfit-jack-rodwell-set-14230878

The happy, happy situation of our Jack and other transfer business, summed up

Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:17 pm 

Not sure I can blame him for not tearing up his contract but surely he should be showing some desire and effort to get out on the pitch in return for his £60+k/wk. Words along the lines of " You're paying me so I want to play for you and make a difference" for example. Trouble is I'm not sure he can get into midfield ahead of Robson or McNair so perhaps he doesn't want to be seen as a bad player (without minding the fact that he appears as a bad person). However if he's making no effort to get in the team why aren't we within our rights to dump him for breach of contract?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 pm 

Sheep farmer wrote:
Not sure I can blame him for not tearing up his contract but surely he should be showing some desire and effort to get out on the pitch in return for his £60+k/wk. Words along the lines of " You're paying me so I want to play for you and make a difference" for example. Trouble is I'm not sure he can get into midfield ahead of Robson or McNair so perhaps he doesn't want to be seen as a bad player (without minding the fact that he appears as a bad person). However if he's making no effort to get in the team why aren't we within our rights to dump him for breach of contract?

My thoughts entirely Sheepy. I said somewhere before if I went to my manager "I don't want to work for this company anymore, can you pay me to do nowt for the next eighteen months until I start work for one of your competitors" it wouldn't wash with them so why does it work for Rodwell?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm 

Some of these comments made me smile, especially the GIF.
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fo ... -1-8994390

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:04 pm 

Rodwells argument is that he isn't refusing to play, he is training when the club asks him to train (which i believe is currently separately to the first team) and if we ask him to play the next match, he will happily do so, but Coleman doesn't want him to.

I suspect part of the reason he isn't being picked will be whatever bonuses he will be entitled to should he appear/win/score etc which could easily add up to another £20/30K a game. It would be good if he came out and said he would waive all performance bonuses and then put pressure on the club to pick him...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm 

Conaboy wrote:
Rodwells argument is that he isn't refusing to play, he is training when the club asks him to train (which i believe is currently separately to the first team) and if we ask him to play the next match, he will happily do so, but Coleman doesn't want him to.

I suspect part of the reason he isn't being picked will be whatever bonuses he will be entitled to should he appear/win/score etc which could easily add up to another £20/30K a game. It would be good if he came out and said he would waive all performance bonuses and then put pressure on the club to pick him...

He's not exactly broke into a sweat trying to get that win bonus!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 am 

Les Miserable wrote:
Conaboy wrote:

He's not exactly broke into a sweat trying to get that win bonus!

How many win bonuses did he pick up, when he was playing?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 pm 

Just the one, but Coleman will obviously be expecting to avoid relegation, which will involving winning the odd match.

I see he has been picked for the U23s which suggests something must be progressing...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:44 am 

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/jack-rodwell-scouting-report-how-1199441

How did our super hero fare against Exeter U 23s?

Follow the link for the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 pm 

Got a bit to go before he's back in the England squad if that report's accurate. Being bracketed with Galloway is certainly "damning with faint praise" :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 pm 

Oh! He is still here then? :roll:

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]