It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am 

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 am
Posts: 10545
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-misfit-jack-rodwell-set-14230878

The happy, happy situation of our Jack and other transfer business, summed up


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:22 pm
Posts: 1951
Location: Somewhere West of Scotch Corner
Not sure I can blame him for not tearing up his contract but surely he should be showing some desire and effort to get out on the pitch in return for his £60+k/wk. Words along the lines of " You're paying me so I want to play for you and make a difference" for example. Trouble is I'm not sure he can get into midfield ahead of Robson or McNair so perhaps he doesn't want to be seen as a bad player (without minding the fact that he appears as a bad person). However if he's making no effort to get in the team why aren't we within our rights to dump him for breach of contract?



_________________
""Semper in Excreta Sumus sed Altus Variat"
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4171
Location: Cardiff, Wales But still a Sanddancer.
Sheep farmer wrote:
Not sure I can blame him for not tearing up his contract but surely he should be showing some desire and effort to get out on the pitch in return for his £60+k/wk. Words along the lines of " You're paying me so I want to play for you and make a difference" for example. Trouble is I'm not sure he can get into midfield ahead of Robson or McNair so perhaps he doesn't want to be seen as a bad player (without minding the fact that he appears as a bad person). However if he's making no effort to get in the team why aren't we within our rights to dump him for breach of contract?

My thoughts entirely Sheepy. I said somewhere before if I went to my manager "I don't want to work for this company anymore, can you pay me to do nowt for the next eighteen months until I start work for one of your competitors" it wouldn't wash with them so why does it work for Rodwell?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4171
Location: Cardiff, Wales But still a Sanddancer.
Some of these comments made me smile, especially the GIF.
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fo ... -1-8994390


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:04 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm
Posts: 164
Rodwells argument is that he isn't refusing to play, he is training when the club asks him to train (which i believe is currently separately to the first team) and if we ask him to play the next match, he will happily do so, but Coleman doesn't want him to.

I suspect part of the reason he isn't being picked will be whatever bonuses he will be entitled to should he appear/win/score etc which could easily add up to another £20/30K a game. It would be good if he came out and said he would waive all performance bonuses and then put pressure on the club to pick him...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 4537
Conaboy wrote:
Rodwells argument is that he isn't refusing to play, he is training when the club asks him to train (which i believe is currently separately to the first team) and if we ask him to play the next match, he will happily do so, but Coleman doesn't want him to.

I suspect part of the reason he isn't being picked will be whatever bonuses he will be entitled to should he appear/win/score etc which could easily add up to another £20/30K a game. It would be good if he came out and said he would waive all performance bonuses and then put pressure on the club to pick him...


He's not exactly broke into a sweat trying to get that win bonus!



_________________
The church of fear. The church of failure. The church of fools.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 am 

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 am
Posts: 10545
Les Miserable wrote:
Conaboy wrote:
Rodwells argument is that he isn't refusing to play, he is training when the club asks him to train (which i believe is currently separately to the first team) and if we ask him to play the next match, he will happily do so, but Coleman doesn't want him to.

I suspect part of the reason he isn't being picked will be whatever bonuses he will be entitled to should he appear/win/score etc which could easily add up to another £20/30K a game. It would be good if he came out and said he would waive all performance bonuses and then put pressure on the club to pick him...


He's not exactly broke into a sweat trying to get that win bonus!


How many win bonuses did he pick up, when he was playing?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm
Posts: 164
Just the one, but Coleman will obviously be expecting to avoid relegation, which will involving winning the odd match.

I see he has been picked for the U23s which suggests something must be progressing...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:44 am 

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 am
Posts: 10545
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/jack-rodwell-scouting-report-how-1199441


How did our super hero fare against Exeter U 23s?

Follow the link for the answer.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:22 pm
Posts: 1951
Location: Somewhere West of Scotch Corner
Got a bit to go before he's back in the England squad if that report's accurate. Being bracketed with Galloway is certainly "damning with faint praise" :(



_________________
""Semper in Excreta Sumus sed Altus Variat"
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack Rodwell - ?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4171
Location: Cardiff, Wales But still a Sanddancer.
Oh! He is still here then? :roll:


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron