It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ellis
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 am 

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/2/12/16995276/between-a-rock-and-a-hard-place-ellis-shorts-ownership-of-sunderland-is-a-challenging-dilemma

I think that this a piece worth reading, despite it's malfunctioning and/or american based spell checker.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/sunderland/news/brady-i-have-sympathy-for-sunderland-owner_318499.html

Sympathy for our owner.

Post subject: Re: Ellis
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:36 pm 

For a big businessman he seems to have come into football, or soccer in his case with his eyes tightly shut. Surely he should have realised that sacking managers every 12 months or so would cause unnecessary expense in not only payments of contracts for aforesaid manager and backroom squad but also changes in playing personnel wanted by the new incumbent. As a billionaire the money that SAFC owe him is probably only small change why can't he write it off as a tax loss and sell the club to someone who is interested. For Gods sake why not give Saint Naill a call and see if he can arrange a consortium to take us back, at least then we would have a football man at the helm, or talk to Amanda as I suggested in the other topic. Before anyone says I don't understand what he has done for us I realise he has been plugging the financial gap, but I can't see how it has got so big for one of the top supported teams in the country with bums on seats, shirt and retail sales, TV payments and now parachute payments.
As for the Karen Brady comments she refers to the fact he has retreated to his Florida home and can't often be reached, this is news as he could not often be reached at his London address. She also refers to us being distressed real estate, well Karen, so is St. Andrews.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]