It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: NICKMATT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 pm 

Here is our interview with (roll of drums) NICKMATT

First off, please tell us something about yourself! Like ... what were your favourite subjects at school? Did you do further studies? What do you now do for a living/study etc?

nick, went to dyke house school, i am born in hartlepool, but my dad and all his family are from sunderland, we nearly moved to ryhope when i was about 12 as my dad worked for sunderland water company
didn't really like school even though i was fairly bright, couldn't wait to leave. left school and worked at a brewery, then on sites for a bit, then as a greenkeeper, then did the fb, which was always my dream job tbh

Describe your working environment and a typical working day!

as a fireman check the appliance first thing, then have a cup of tea and moan about everything then do some training/lectures/drills, then do some pt i.e volleyball, gym work etc, then have a meal (usually made by me) then we go out and fit some smoke alarms or visit business or site for familiarisation. then the rest of the shift is ours tbh, barring shouts etc

Where have you lived through your life? Do you prefer town or countryside?

town, but i would love to live on the edge of town to have the best of both worlds

Do you have a partner? What do they think about football?!

yes, she likes it, and has been to the sol with me before, but isn't mad keen like me

Why Sunderland and not any other team? Why do you identify with the team?

as i say it is my dads influence why i support safc, he took me to roker park when i was in nappies, all my aunties, uncles, grandads grandmas etc live in sunderland, and i regularly would stay during school holidays, ive loved safc all my life, and i even remember going to games on my own at roker park, it's in my blood. and will stay there for ever. i was a season ticket holder after we moved to the sol up untill about 08, i then decided to just pick and choose my games

Was it always Sunderland, or as a child did you like any other ‘big’ teams of the day?

all my friends at school loved liverpool, as they were the best team i suppose

What's the best and worst away ground you've visited? Why?!

probs old trafford away, worst would probs be oldham off the top of my head

Do you have a favourite Sunderland match that you saw live? (If so, which was it?!)

probs the hammering of chelsea when skp destroyed them, what a team we were to watch at that time

If there was one game in the history of your club you could go back and see (but didn’t at the time), what would it be?

73 obviously, as if i'm honest i probs won't get to see us lift a trophy

How you ever been in a ‘delicate’ situation (like dangerous) with nasty opposing fans (inside or outside grounds)?

getting out of the ground at chelsea away in the 92 quarter final, the cops were lining the streets and the chelsea fans were like caged animals trying to get to us

Which other team or teams in the Premier/Championship (or indeed elsewhere) have you a soft spot for?

hartlepool....... i don't have much luck do i ?

Which team or teams do you least like (i.e. heartily dislike!)?

the mags of course

Do you want your lower rivals to get promotions to renew the rivalry or do you want them to rot away? Which option and why?

boro and mags to rot away into oblivion for me !

When it comes to your team - Are you an optimist or a pessimistic?

a realist ! [editors note : He must mean a pessimist then]

Where do you think the team will be in 10 years time?

6th to 10th in the prem

Favourite footballer/s of all-time?

for safc skp

Favourite sportsmen/sports ladies (apart from football, that is) of all-time?

jessica ennis, for her athletic ability of course

What makes you laugh?

the crack on the watch at work, we really are like big school kids, and love winding each other up, and practical jokes etc

Miscellaneous likes?

food and alcohol, and sex

Miscellaneous dislikes?

liver and kidney

What are you afraid of?

not much tbh

If there is one thing you could change in your personal life, what would it be?

to get my son to live with me, the ex has taken him to live in durham and tbh he has a crap life, and is desperate to live permanently with me

Where do you want to be in 5 years time?

a lot richer, i'm doing loads atm to try and supplement things, that's why i don't get chance to post as much as i used to

Favourite food / favourite drinks (eating in or out)?

fillet steak and extra extra hot and garlicky indian.... done !

At a fantasy dinner party where your desires come true, which three guests would you invite?

nial quinn, noel gallagher, someone funny like chubby

What hobbies apart from football do you have?

cricket, golf, running, or pretty much any sport people ask me to play

A few words to describe your relationship with “The Black Cat Chat” forum – and how did it come about?

been with the bcc since day 2, i missed it on the first day for some reason, can't remember where i stumbled across it mind, lot of waters gone under the bridge since then mind

Do you think that any professional player now currently reads our forum – and who of the present crop would you like to read our forum?!

i bet they nosey in now and again

What are your future hopes for BlackCatChat?

to stick around

What are your views (be sincere!) on Black Cat Chat?

a nice friendly place to chat about all things in life, you don't get numptys like over the road trying to bully or wind up, so you can therefore put your own point across, even if its its right or wrong

Any special reason (that you can share with us) for your own user name?

my first name, and my sons name

Brilliant nick and thank you very much.

Post subject: Re: NICKMATT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 pm 

Nice read. Would be better with some pics in uniform mind :drool: :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:51 pm 

Becs wrote:
Nice read. Would be better with some pics in uniform mind :drool: :D

you've already got them !
you know I don't do uniform pics, you've got me on f b so you'd know :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:11 pm 

Interesting read that Nick, Cheers.

Oh, and a good insight into the FB ;) - obviously not all about cats up trees and kids with their heads stuck in railings.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm 

Good read, another i enjoyed!

Hope you get the lad sorted to live with you marra, it's not always the best thing for the kids to go with their mothers. A friend of mine has just got custody of his little girl after quite a serious issue with his ex. Could even be a jail sentence looming for her!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:31 pm 

Sheep farmer wrote:
Interesting read that Nick, Cheers.

Oh, and a good insight into the FB ;) - obviously not all about cats up trees and kids with their heads stuck in railings.

cheers sheeps ;) and whilst it ain't the job it used to be, it's still a good place to work. I get paid to constantly prank and wind up my work mates
see a few naughty things now and again, but that sort of stuff HAS to go right to the back of your mind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 pm 

Davey B wrote:

Hope you get the lad sorted to live with you marra, it's not always the best thing for the kids to go with their mothers. A friend of mine has just got custody of his little girl after quite a serious issue with his ex. Could even be a jail sentence looming for her!

thanks Davey ;) the poor little bugger has had his ups and downs ! his mother isn't the best to be fair, and does nothing with him, he doesn't have ANY friends to play with, and lives a life of x box when he's there ! he also goes to a 'special school' because of his anger issues with everything, there's a cracking kid in there though tbh, I've had him laser questing and karaoke and food at planet leisure, then a party for for him back at the house this weekend with his mates with me, he's absolutely loved it, he's had a whale of a time, and it's just nice for him to do normal things that most kids take for granted, he unfortunately doesn't do normal things
he is at an age now where he is getting to know what his feelings are, he is FaceTime'ing me late at night now and telling me how he feels about his mother, and the way she treats him etc, which is hard for me as I still have to play devils advocate with things of course, I just have to bide my time until he's old enough to tell her where he is going to live, as atm, she holds all the cards (even though he tells her he wants to live with me)
it's a VERY hard situation for a parent to be in, and one I don't wish on anyone if I'm honest :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 pm 

nickmatt wrote:
Davey B wrote:

thanks Davey ;) the poor little bugger has had his ups and downs ! his mother isn't the best to be fair, and does nothing with him, he doesn't have ANY friends to play with, and lives a life of x box when he's there ! he also goes to a 'special school' because of his anger issues with everything, there's a cracking kid in there though tbh, I've had him laser questing and karaoke and food at planet leisure, then a party for for him back at the house this weekend with his mates with me, he's absolutely loved it, he's had a whale of a time, and it's just nice for him to do normal things that most kids take for granted, he unfortunately doesn't do normal things
he is at an age now where he is getting to know what his feelings are, he is FaceTime'ing me late at night now and telling me how he feels about his mother, and the way she treats him etc, which is hard for me as I still have to play devils advocate with things of course, I just have to bide my time until he's old enough to tell her where he is going to live, as atm, she holds all the cards (even though he tells her he wants to live with me)
it's a VERY hard situation for a parent to be in, and one I don't wish on anyone if I'm honest :(

I hope you get it sorted Nick, for the bairns sake as well as yours. Both my mate and his daughter have never been as happy, went through hell just prior to him getting custody mind, but it worked out for the best in the end. His ex had text messages on her phone to and from other family and friends wanting and giving info on how she was going to stitch up my mate. She eventually and disgustingly settled on saying he had abused his own daughter, she's 4 FFS. He was arrested and spent a day in the cells, and due to the nature of the (false) allegations the daughter was physically put through rape investigations and tests, his mobile phone was confiscated. Then the police then got hold of his ex's mobile. My mate was released with apologies, and within two days had the bairn living with him. Like i say, it was hell for him, but he has never been as happy since he got custody. His ex only gets supervised seeing time now. Court case is pending for her, the silly lass.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm 

Christ Davey, that's shocking !!! :shock:
thanks for your best wishes mate, it is much appreciated :thumbup:

the poor bugger is FaceTime'ing me every night now, whinging about the way she treats him, it's not easy to go thorough tbh ! the sooner he's back full time with me the better really

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 pm 

I really love reading these ... really important that we're all seen as 'real' people, not anonymous beings behind a computer screen! Keep them up ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 pm 

daib0 wrote:
I really love reading these ... really important that we're all seen as 'real' people, not anonymous beings behind a computer screen! Keep them up ...

aye, it proves people have lives..... and REAL problems etc mate :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:09 am 

I know what you mean, you imagine what people are like on forums but they are not always what you imagine. When I was on SAFC forum we were always trying to arrange a get together at a match and one end of season game I went up to meet a couple of the posters and the Bassas drunk me under the table :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:53 pm 

Tufty wrote:
I know what you mean, you imagine what people are like on forums but they are not always what you imagine. When I was on SAFC forum we were always trying to arrange a get together at a match and one end of season game I went up to meet a couple of the posters and the Bassas drunk me under the table :lol: :lol:

.......... I can drink with the best of em ! :thumbup:
:D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 am 

Nice interview pal. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 am 

Malaprop wrote:
Nice interview pal. :thumbup:

Gracias ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm 

nickmatt wrote:
Tufty wrote:

Thought I could until then :lol: . This was after losing 0-4 at home to Wolves.Bad day all round.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm 

Tufty wrote:
nickmatt wrote:
Tufty wrote:

Thought I could until then :lol: . This was after losing 0-4 at home to Wolves.Bad day all round.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:57 am 

good honest replies.

I love these interviews!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 am 

daib0 wrote:
good honest replies.

I love these interviews!!!

cheers diabs ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]